The knitted blanket is more than strands of yarns uniquely woven together in a delicate design. It’s a memento of years spent together from birth to eternity. Blankets, clothes, and toys packed neatly away for a generation to enjoy till one day you are telling stories about each garment as you unpack saying, “I remember when…”.
- A baby’s blanket is not just a blanket. Its purpose is endless: Its used to:
- Cover up at bedtime
- Keeps them warm in the stroller
- Provides protection from the sun and wind
- It’s a mat to play with toys and watch tv
- A pillow and prop when feeding
- Used to play peek-a-boo
- A conversation peace between moms
- A secret hiding place from the boogeyman
- A security blanket when mom is away from home
- Throw over your shoulder to burp
- Swaddled around their body
- Lay on to change diapers when out in the world
A blanket is not just a blanket. It brings joy and memories of time past. It’s a sharable moment for discussion.